Thursday, October 8, 2009

I've gotten to do a couple of pieces for the Los Angeles Times' Kid's Reading Room. This is a sketch for an illustration that accompanied the delightful story by Donna Gephart, author of As If Being 12 1/2 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother is Running for President (visit her at donnagephart.com) in the Oct. 4 edition. Here's the final story and picture: "Do I Have To Go To School Today?"


There's one more in the pipeline. This is a preliminary idea for the illustration accompanying a story for the Oct. 25 edition. I think all artists have particular favorite themes. I love the man in the moon - or more correctly - the men in the moon. Every opportunity to do an image with a moon conjures up a whole new personality. And they seem so happily above the fray of our little anthill on earth.

2 comments:

Christina Forshay said...

Very cool! Congratulations!

Wild About Words said...

Patricia, I really love your illustration. So glad it was paired with my story.
All best,
Donna